Major General John Vaughan; a pony’s hoof inkwell with silver-plated mounts, bearing the crest of the Xth Hussars and record of Polo scurries on his mount ”Pasha” 1905-1910, and his Xth Hussars dress spurs, stamped Maxwell, Piccadilly, London; together with his Greek silver gilt and enamel medallion of the Order of St George & St Michael, dated 1915, in original Spink & Son fitted case, some damage to enamel (4). Nannau Schedule of Contents 1958 (No.143 - the spurs).
A carved mahogany bracket clock, having engraved silvered dial with Roman numerals, the 8-day movement striking on a gong, inscribed on an applied silvered plaque ”From the Staff of the Cavalry School, Oct 22nd 1913”, 14 inches (35.5cm) high x 10.4 inches (25.5cm) wide.
Major General John Vaughan was Commandant of the Cavalry School Netheravon, from 30th Jan 1911 to 4th Aug 1914.
A silver plated Parachute Regiment tankard, inscribed ”Presented to Brigadier C.V.H. Pritchard, D.S.O., by the Other Ranks, Vocational Training, 4th Parachute Bn, April 1946, Palestine”, 4.75 inches (12cm) high; his silver napkin ring inscribed with the postings of his military career; and a Spode commemorative porcelain plate ”The Royal Welch Fusiliers”, 1974, No.346 from a limited edition of 500, together with a varied assortment of military insignia, buttons, etc (a lot).
Brigadier C.H. Vaughan (1905-1976); his medal part-group, comprising D.S.O.; 1939-45 Star; Africa Star; Italy Star; France and Germany Star, his Defence medal, 1939-45 War medal, and General Service medal with Palestine bar now missing; together with his Parachute badge inscribed ”Brigadier C.H.V. Pritchard”, various cloth badges and ribbons, and his award of the Distinguished Service Order, signed by George VI (a lot), his Defence medal, 1939-45.